Bannis, Adeola and Zhang, Pei and Pan, Shijia. "Adding Directional Context To Gestures Using Doppler Effect." Proceedings of the 2014 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (Ubicomp): Adjunct Publication, 2014. ACM.
B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2010
- University Honors
M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2014
- Eta Kappa Nu
Ph.D in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2021 (expected)
- Indoor control/navigation for small quadcopters
- Internet of Things
Mirshekari, Mostafa and Pan, Shijia and Bannis, Adeola and Lam, Yan Pui Mike and Zhang, Pei and Noh, Hae Young. "Step-level Person Localization Through Sparse Sensing of Structural Vibration." Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), 2015. ACM.
Bannis, Adeola and Burke, Jeffrey A. "Creating a Secure, Integrated Home Network of Things with Named Data Networking." NDN Technical Report NDN-0035, 2015.
Shang, Wentao and Bannis, Adeola and Liang, Teng and Wang, Zhehao and Yu, Yingdi and Afanasyev, Alexander and Thompson, Jeff and Burke, Jeff and Zhang, Beichuan and Zhang, Lixia. "Named Data Networking of Things." 2016 IEEE First International Conference on Internet-of-Things Design and Implementation (IoTDI), 2016. IEEE.
Bannis, Adeola and Noh, Hae Young and Zhang, Pei. "Interdependent Component Framework for Simulating Indoor Internet-of-Things Systems (INTERCOM)." 2017 16th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), 2017. IEEE.
Pan, Shijia and Ruiz, Carlos and Han, Jun and Bannis, Adeola and Tague, Patrick and Noh, Hae Young and Zhang, Pei. "UniverSense: IoT Device Pairing Through Heterogeneous Sensing Signals." Proceedings of the 19th International Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems & Applications (HotMobile), 2018. ACM.
Ruiz, Carlos and Pan, Shijia and Bannis, Adeola and Chen, Xinlei and Joe-Wong, Carlee and Noh, Hae Young and Zhang, Pei. "IDrone: Robust Drone Identification Through Motion Actuation Feedback." Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (IMWUT), 2018. ACM.
Bannis, Adeola and Noh, Hae Young and Zhang, Pei. "Robust Detection of Motor-Produced Audio Signals." Proceedings of the 16th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (Sensys), 2018. ACM.
UCLA REMAP, Jun 2014-Dec 2014
- Designed and implemented a toolkit for introducing Raspberry Pi users to Internet of Things applications of Named Data Networking
- Analyzed NDN network performance w.r.t. speed, complexity, and resource use in comparison to other IoT frameworks
Brit Media, Aug 2012-Mar 2013
- Updated the Brit + Co. iOS and Android apps
- Integrated analytics, bug tracking and other third-party frameworks
Callaway Digital Arts, Nov 2011-Jul 2012
- Contributed to a powerful in-house animation engine used in several children’s books and activity apps
- Ported the animation engine to Android in C++ through the Android NDK
iOS SW Engineer
Apple, Aug 2010-Oct 2011
- Contributed to development of iOS 5 SpringBoard/Home Screen
- Debugged and integrated new features such as the notification center and Siri
- ACM Women in Computing
- Computer Society
- Women in Engineering
- Communications Society
- Computational Intelligent Society
- Signal Processing Society
- Eta Kappa Nu
- CMU Chapter Secretary, 2009-2010
- CMU Academic Excellence Chair, 2008-2009